23.1.09

Here's a random text message exchange by me and my mom:

Mom: I'm on the plane to Cebu. Text you when I get there.

Mom (two minutes after the first message): If anything should happen to me, my account number is #########.

Me: Why? What's wrong? What do you mean "if anything should happen to you"?

Mom: Very old man gud ang airplane, basin ma Hudson River.

Me (actually very worried): Ay! You get down and ride something else!

Mom:
I can't. It's flying and I'm actually on it na.

---

Never in my life have I heard my mom say anything that before. And to think she's a frequent flier (I suppose I can give a rough estimate of around eight flights a month) and has even seen one engine of the twelve-seater plane she was riding to Sulu burst while they were 30000 above the ground (she and her officemate just stared at it with deadpan expressions saying, "Hala. Na sunog lagi.")

Knowing her, I guess the plane must have been RRREEEEAAAALLLLYYYY OOOLLLDDD to have caused such reaction.
 
preggointhecity | Blogger Template Design By LawnyDesigns Powered by Blogger